PRO HOCKEY LIFE – 2022 HOCKEY SKATE SHARPENING CARD CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
EACH WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND SIGN DOCUMENTATION, SUCH AS A RELEASE, WITHIN TEN (10) BUSINESS DAYS, AS MORE FULLY DETAILED BELOW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SPONSOR (DEFINED BELOW) FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
The Pro Hockey Life Hockey Skate Sharpening Card Giveaway (the "Contest") is open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and shall be construed and evaluated according to applicable Canadian law. Participants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older in their province/territory at time of entry. Void in whole or in part where prohibited by law. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules (the "Contest Rules").
NOTE: In order to win a Prize (defined below), a potential Winner must be an eligible person, must correctly answer a skilltesting question without any electronic, mechanical or other assistance, and must have complied and continue to comply in full and in all respects with these official Contest Rules. No Prize will be awarded to an eligible entrant in respect of any entry which does not comply in full with the provisions of these Contest Rules.
The Contest Sponsor is Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (the "Sponsor") with its head office located at 2180 Yonge Street Toronto, ON M4P 2V8. This Contest is also administered by the Sponsor. Any questions, comments or complaints must be directed to the Sponsor.
To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec);
- be 18 years of age or older in his/her province or territory at time of entry; and
- have a valid Instagram account.
Employees of the Sponsor, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, "Promotion Entities"), and the immediate family members (i.e., parents, spouses, siblings, children, grandparents, stepparents, stepchildren and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related), are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. CONTEST PERIOD.
The Contest starts at 12:01 a.m. EST on December 6, 2022 and ends on December 9, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor reserve the right to modify the Contest Period, or cancel the Contest Period all together at any time, for any reason, without prior notice.
4. HOW TO ENTER.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using the method of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means:
- Instagram Entries. During the Contest Period: (1) find the Contest Post on the @prohockeylifeinc Instagram page ("Contest Post"); (2) follow @prohockeylifeinc on Instagram; (3) "like" the Contest Post; and (4) comment on the Contest Post in accordance with the instructions posted in the Contest Post caption.
- In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the authorized subscriber of the Instagram account or email address used to participate in the Contest at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an Instagram account or email address that can be verified by Sponsor. For further clarity, for the purpose of the Contest Rules, "authorized account subscriber" of a valid email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, telecommunications provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the Instagram account or email address (as applicable). Each winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the winner is the authorized account holder of the email address that is associated with the winning Entry. If an entrant opts to use his/her Instagram account via a wireless mobile device (which is not required to enter the Contest), standard data rates may apply. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and entrants should contact their wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to participation in the Contest. Entrant also understands that mobile device service may not be available in all areas.
- By participating in this Contest, each entrant acknowledges, represents and warrants that in addition to those Entry requirements set forth herein: (i) the Entry does not contain any material that is libelous, defamatory, profane or obscene and does not violate any laws relating to hate speech or otherwise; (ii) the Entry is an original work, solely created by the entrant, and that no third party participated as an author, co-author, photographer or otherwise in the creation of the Entry or any part thereof and that all right, title, and interest (including copyright) therein and thereto is owned and/or controlled by the entrant to the full extent necessary to enable the Sponsor to use the Entry as contemplated by these Contest Rules; (iii) the Entry does not infringe upon the intellectual property or other statutory or common law rights of any third party; and (iv) if applicable, any minor shown in the Entry and the submission of the Entry is made with any required consent of a parent and/or legal guardian of such minor.
- You agree that the Sponsor may, at any time, edit, modify or remove the Entry, in whole or in part, and may disqualify an entrant from the Contest if the Sponsor believes, in their sole discretion, that the entrant has breached any of the representations and warranties made above including, without limitation, on the basis of concerns relating to the rights of third parties, including but not limited to privacy, copyright, defamation, rights of personality, obscenity or hate speech.
- By submitting this Entry you, the entrant, confirm that you have obtained all required consent for use and publication of the Entry for the purpose of this Contest, from all individuals who may appear in the Entry being submitted.
- All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned for any reason. By submitting the Entry, the entrant assigns to the Sponsor all of entrant's right, title and interest, including copyright, in and to the Entry, throughout the world in perpetuity. For greater certainty, the entrant acknowledges that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Winner's name, photograph or likeness, and the Entry in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in their sole discretion and to authorize others to do so. This includes, but is not limited to, the right to reproduce, copy, distribute, publish, exploit, display, prepare derivative works upon, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit, broadcast and otherwise use, commercialize, and exploit the Entry, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the entrant. By submitting the Entry, the entrant waives all of its so-called "moral rights" that it may enjoy in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Upon request by the Sponsor, the entrant agrees that it shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as may reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of the entrant's rights in the Entry.
- Entries must be received no later than the end of the respective Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those (1) selected for a prize; or (2) that have sent questions or other communication to the Sponsor in addition to making an Entry.
- The prize is hereafter referred to as the "Prize". The confirmed Prize winner is hereafter referred to as the "Winner".
- There is a total of ten (10) Prizes available to be won during the Contest Period consisting of the following: 10 x Hockey Skate Sharpening Cards. The total approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Prize is 74.99 (pre-tax and based on the full retail price of the product).
- Winners are not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated ARV of the Prize, if any.
- The Prize will be distributed within fifteen (15) business days after the Winner has been successfully contacted, notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein.
- The Prize must be accepted by the Winner as awarded and cannot be transferred, exchanged, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes. Winner is solely responsible for all federal, provincial, state and/or local income taxes, sales tax, gift taxes, surcharges, service charges, processing and handling fees, and all other costs or expenses incurred in claiming a prize. Prize transfers are not allowed, except with the express consent of Sponsor (which may be withheld for any reason). Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitutions, exchange, or conversions will be made (except that, if for any reason a Prize is not available, Sponsor, at its sole option may substitute a prize having an approximate retail value of no less than the approximate retail value of the Prize).
- Subject to the provisions of these Contest Rules, only the number of Prizes described in Rule 5(b) above will be available to be awarded in this Contest and in no event shall more than that number of each kind of Prize be awarded. Any refusal by a potential Winner to accept a Prize, as awarded and in its entirety, hereby releases and forever discharges Sponsor and the Releasees (as defined in Rule 7) from all obligations to the Winner related to the Prize, including delivery of same, and the prize will not be awarded in the Contest.
6. WINNER SELECTION.
The Prize Winner shall be selected as follows:
- The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible Entries received by the Sponsor for the Contest Period. Before being declared a Winner, the selected entrant shall be required to: (i) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call, or by email; (ii) comply with the Contest Rules, and (iii) sign and return the Confirmation and Release (described below).
- The selected entrant will be notified by Instagram direct message on December 13, 2022. The Sponsor will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact the selected entrant by Instagram direct message email within ten (10) business days of the draw date. Upon notification, each selected entrant must provide required information in compliance with these Contest Rules to the email provided in the notification, and the selected entrant's response must be received by the Sponsor within five (5) business days after being notified. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the Prize and another entrant may be selected, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected entrant's response.
- If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest's closing dates to award the correct number of Prizes.
- ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE CONTEST SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS.
- The Winner will be required to execute a release and waiver ("Confirmation and Release") that confirms Winner's: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of the Promotion Entities, Canadian Tire Associate Dealers, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, Sponsor, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; (iv) grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor's individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the Winner's name, photograph or likeness, and the Entry, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof; (v) assignment to the Sponsor all of Winner's right, title and interest, including copyright in and to the Entry, throughout the world in perpetuity and acknowledgment that, as a result of this assignment, the Sponsor will have the exclusive and perpetual right to exploit the Winner's name, photograph or likeness and the Entry in any media now known or later developed in whatever ways the Sponsor may determine in their sole discretion and to authorize others to do so, including without limitation, the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, exploit, display, communicate to the public by telecommunication, transmit, broadcast and otherwise use and exploit the Entry, in whole or in part and to edit, add to, or modify the Entry in any way, all without further obligation or compensation of any kind to the Winner; (vi) waiver of all of Winner's so-called "moral rights" that it may enjoy in any territory throughout the world in relation to the Entry, to the maximum extent permitted by law; and (vii) acknowledgement that, upon request by the Sponsor, Winner shall sign (or cause to be signed) all further documents or do (or cause to be done) all further acts and provide all reasonable assurances as may reasonably be necessary or desirable to give effect to the assignment of Winner's rights in the Entry. The executed Confirmation and Release must be returned within ten (10) business days of the verification as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT.
- EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AND INDEMNIFY EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, OR AWARDING OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN, AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE- OR CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, LOSS, DEATH OR ACCIDENT TO OR OF PERSON OR PROPERTY. WINNER AGREES THAT THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED AS-IS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for: (a) lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Confirmation and Release; (b) any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry; (c) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest; (d) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (e) any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing; (f) any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. The Releasees make no warranty, guaranty, or representation of any kind concerning any Prize and disclaim any implied warranty, guaranty, or representation.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be made available online on the Sponsor's Website. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any online Sponsor's property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
11. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, mailing address, the Entry, telephone number, and email address for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use his/her name, photograph or likeness, and the Entry for Contest administration, publicity, and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose his/her name, photograph or likeness, and the Entry to third-party agents and service providers acting on behalf of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii)
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
All Sponsor intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, copyrights and any other intellectual property and trade secrets contained in any materials including without limitation print, digital and any other media are owned by the Sponsor and/or their affiliates, unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or other use of such material without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or to modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Alberta including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws. FURTHER, IN ANY SUCH DISPUTE, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL AN ENTRANT BE PERMITTED OR ENTITLED TO OBTAIN (AND HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK OR CLAIM) INJUNCTIVE, EQUITABLE, OR OTHER NON-MONETARY RELIEF OR AWARDS FOR PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LAWYERS' FEES, OTHER THAN ENTRANT'S ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES (IF ANY), NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10), AND ENTRANT FURTHER WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED. The Contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
15. FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM.
Facebook and Instagram: (i) have in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered the Contest; (ii) are not associated or connected with any part of the Contest in any manner whatsoever; and (iii) are not liable in any way whatsoever in regard to any matter, which relates to the Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints will be directed to the Sponsor and not Facebook, or Instagram. Facebook and Instagram are indemnified and held harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) for any claim related to the Contest including without limitation the publicity or administration thereof.
If any term or condition of the Contest Rules is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of the Contest Rules.
17. OFFICIAL RULES.
- These Official Rules are available on the Sponsor's Website or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Pro Hockey Life Holiday Giveaway" – Rules Request,"c/o Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, 2180 Yonge Street Toronto, ON M4P 2V8. Limit one (1) request per outer envelope. Rules requests must be received during the Contest
18. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail.
The Sponsor of the Contest and the address at which the Sponsor may be contacted is Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, 2180 Yonge Street Toronto, ON M4P 2V8. Reference to third parties in connection with the Prize is for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Contest.